This week, the Province of Manitoba announced that as of 12:01 a.m. on Friday, March 5, the following changes to public health orders will be in place and will expire on March 25:
- 14(1) Indoor sporting facilities, including swimming pools, may open if the operator of the facility complies with all requirements of this Order.
- 14(2) Individual play, group and individual instruction, and team practices may take place at an indoor sporting facility but no organized team games or tournaments may be held at the facility, except as authorized under Order 16.
- 14(3) The operator of an indoor sporting facility must
- ensure that any group of persons participating in a sporting activity at the facility, excluding coaches or instructors, does not exceed 10 persons;
- take reasonable measures to ensure that there is no interaction between different groups of participants who are engaging in a sporting activity at the facility at the same time; and
- limit the number of persons in dressing rooms to 50% of the usual capacity or to a number that ensures that all persons in the dressing room are able to maintain a separation of at least two metres from other persons, whichever is lesser.
- 14(4) The operator of an indoor sporting facility must
- implement measures to ensure that members of the public at the facility are reasonably able to maintain a separation of at least two metres from other members of the public at the facility, excluding participants engaged in a sporting activity; and
- limit occupancy to all portions of the facility other than dressing rooms and the areas where sporting activities are conducted to 25% of the usual capacity.
More details regarding the Public Health Orders can be found here: https://www.gov.mb.ca/asset_library/en/proactive/2020_2021/orders-soe-03042021.pdf?mc_cid=ef5399c9a6&mc_eid=7337242e53