The impact of COVID-19 on sport is becoming increasingly worrisome and continues to have an expanding impact internationally. Manitoba Gymnastics Association has been closely monitoring all available information related to the continued spread of the Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The health and safety of our players, officials, employees, volunteers, fans, and everyone associated with gymnastics in Manitoba and Canada and upcoming events continue to be our priority.
The MGA in conjunction with their hosts will be cancelling all sanctioned events within Manitoba. These events include:
- WAG JO 2-4 Provincials/MAG Provincials/T&T MB Opens – April 17-19, 2020
- WAG JO 5-7 Provincials – April 26, 2020
All participants will receive a refund of their registrations fees less the administrative fee from the Host Club. The Attending Clubs will receive a communication from the Host Clubs regarding the refunds directly. We ask kindly that individuals do not directly contact the Host Clubs. We ask for patience in the processing of these refunds at this time!
The following out of meets have been cancelled:
- Artistic Western Canadian Championships – Richmond, BC – April 30-May 2, 2020
- Western Canada Cup – Regina, SK – June 5-7, 2020
Canadian Championships – Gatineau, QC – This event has been postponed until further notice by Gymnastic Canada, for more information visit here!
As per the Government of Manitoba a state of emergency has now been declared. Therefore, the immediate closure of all wellness centres offering physical activities, gyms, fitness centres and athlete clubs and training facilities is mandated. Therefore, all clubs are required to remain closed.
Detailed information has been sent out to clubs directly via email.
The MGA will now be ceasing all regular office hours until further notice. The following individuals will be working remotely and can be contacted via email:
Regan Bint – firstname.lastname@example.org
Karly Miller – email@example.com
- CBC – How to Apply for EI and COVID-19 Emergency Benefits
- CBC – What You Need To Know About The New COVID-19 Benefits Program
- CBC – Business Seeing 30% Drop In Revenue Eligible for 75% Wage Subsidies
- Sport Law Strategy Group – Managing Your Sport Organization through COVID-19
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Manitoba Government COVID-19 Website
- Federal Government COVID-19 Website
- CFIB – Small Business Resources for Dealing with COVID-19
- Temporary Wage Subsidy for Employers
- Supplemental Unemployment Benefit Program
- EI Application