GFA Workshop Series – Adaptive/Inclusive Programming Series – Part 2
- 10:00 – 10:45 PM PST – Teaching Strategies for All Abilities and Applying Strategies In Class
- Rapport & expectations
- Routines & consistency
- Universal language
- Visual Supports
- Transitioning Strategies
- Preparing for a class or student
- Instruction strategies – visual supports, reinforcement strategies, universal language, transitioning, ending/calming before exit
- 11:00 – 11:45 PM – Behavior & Class Management
- Behavior as communication
- Functions of behavior (WHY)
- Teaching strategies – ABC method, shaping, appropriate instructional responses for each function (escape, sensory, attention, tangible)
- Specific video scenarios
- 12:00 – 12:45 PST – Safety in All Abilities
- This workshop will review critical safety precautions to take while in a training facility.
- The presentation will also include a virtual tour of Spectra’s facility- highlighting danger zones & precautions taken.
- Potential Athlete Risks – physical limitations and AAI, seizures, vision & hearing impairments, allergies, behavioral, flight risks, facility precautions, mitigating risks
PD points will be awarded for each session attended, the MGA will automatically these PD Points based attendance (no email necessary).
Presenter: Karissa Johnson
Register here! Registration for free education sessions are limited and on a first-come, first-first served basis.
If the session you are trying to register for is full, or if the deadline to register has passed, please email email@example.com to be placed on our waitlist.
Should you not be able to attend during the times offered please email firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure you get placed on the mailing list when the video recordings are sent out.